Fresh Huevos Rancheros
1. Pico de gallo: combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Stir to combine,
then set the bowl aside.
2. Beans: Add oil, onions and salt to a pan. Cook 3-6 minutes.
3. Add cumin and stir 30 seconds. Pour in beans and water. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Remove
the lid and mash half of the beans. Continue to cook 2 to 3 more minutes.
4. Remove pot from the heat and stir in pepper and lime juice.
5. Pour the salsa into a saucepan over medium-low heat.
6. Warm each tortilla individually. Spread the black bean mixture over
each tortilla, and cheese and set aside on a plate.
7. To fry the eggs: Over medium heat, pour 1 teaspoon olive oil and
carefully crack an egg without breaking the yolk. Fry the egg until the
whites are set and the yolk is cooked to your preferred level of doneness. Place the fried egg on
top of a prepared tortilla.
8. Spoon ¼ of the warmed salsa and pico de gallo across each dish, avoiding the egg yolk.
Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and add any additional garnishes you might like.
9. Serve immediately. If you don’t use up all of your beans, leftovers are a great dip for tortilla chips.
chef: Gordon Ramsay
2 medium ripe tomatoes
½ cup chopped white onion
¼ cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 can black beans
1 ½ cups red salsa
4 teaspoons olive oil
4 corn tortillas
½ cup shredded cheese
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Dietary Fiber: 6g
Saturated Fat: 3.2g